Things to do in and around the resort
Explore the resort grounds and you’ll quickly fill your days and nights with an endless variety of activities. Below you’ll find a small sample of what’s happening around the River Rock Casino Resort, as well as things you can do outside of the resort.
For more information, please ask your concierge.
Overnight guests at River Rock can enjoy the following resort amenities and activities:
- Swimming pool with big jacuzzi and 70 foot waterslide
- Absolute Spa with 6 private treatment rooms
- Work-out gym and weight room
- Show Theatre, showing the best modern artists in music, comedy, theatre and more
- Casino with 90,000 square feet game floor, 115 table games, 1100 slot machines, a dedicated poker room and high limit rooms.
- Seven bars, restaurants and lounges spread throughout our property
- A beautiful marina and boardwalk overlooking the Fraser River
- Poker tournaments daily in the Poker Room
- Daily horse racing schedules at the Racebook
- Contests and promotions daily – ask Guest Services
DINING AT RIVER ROCK
Our eight dining establishments and their menus have been carefully crafted to add to your enjoyment of each area of this beautiful waterfront property and our West Coast location.
Overlooking the Fraser River and serving fine cuisine, this award-winning first class restaurant is the perfect place to share a special occasion.
Situated in the resort lobby, you’ll find contemporary cocktails, craft beers and light share plates at this sophisticated lounge.
Come early to avoid the lines in this incredibly popular buffet featuring endless options of all your favourites, from pasta and prime rib to whole roast carvings, seafood and fresh sushi and salads. Top it off with your choice of delicious desserts.
Take a break from the casino action in our food court. There’s a variety of fare to relax and refuel with Rockhouse, Zio’s, Chopsticks, and Number 3 Restaurant.
Our brand new Starbucks café is now serving a selection of wine, craft beer and savoury food alongside the signature beverages you know and love!
RIVER ROCK’S GORGEOUS NATURAL SETTING
River Rock is ideally situated in a gorgeous setting on the banks of the Fraser River. The resort facilities have been built to complement River Rock’s beautiful waterfront property and West Coast heritage, so we encourage our guests to explore the outdoors at River Rock.
The Marina Boardwalk
Take a stroll along the beautiful marina boardwalk with views overlooking the Fraser River, or watch planes take off in the distance from the Vancouver International Airport.
River Rock is centrally located between two major shopping districts: the diverse, world-class shopping centres and niche neighbourhoods in Vancouver, and the bustling and uniquely Asian-Canadian Richmond area shopping attractions.
Vancouver and surroundings:
- Oakridge: An upscale shopping centre with the biggest names in modern fashion and just a few stations from River Rock on the public skytrain
- Pacific Centre, in downtown Vancouver is also home to the hottest fashions and located on the public skytrain line from River Rock.
- Robson Street, also downtown, is a long stretch of stores in downtown Vancouver with tons of restaurants, cafes and exciting atmosphere.
- Granville Street is an affordable shopping street in downtown Vancouver, filled with some of the best clubs, bars, and live entertainment venues on the West Coast.
- Metro-town: The largest shopping centre in BC! With nearly 400 stores, with a diverse range of specialty shops and all the latest trendy stores. Located on the public skytrain, with connecting trains to and from River Rock.
Vancouver Niche Neighbourhoods
Vancouver has a world of specialty shopping in niche neighbourhoods spread throughout the downtown core:
- Gastown, a heritage area in downtown Vancouver, with the best restaurants and West Coast and First Nations craft and artisan shops.
- Yaletown is an up-and-coming neighbourhood with boutique restaurants, bars and local shopping delights.
- Davie Street for one of the hottest gay neighbourhoods in North America.
- Chinatown shows the history of Chinese in Canada, with lots of restaurants and specialty shops
- The Chinese Night Market is just a short walk away from the resort, where you can try all the craziest Asian food fads and shop for all kinds of interesting trinkets, gadgets and clothes in the open night air. You’ll find things you didn’t even know you needed! This is a unique experience and not to miss. Please ask your concierge for walking directions to the Richmond Night Market, open May to October, from Friday till Sunday.
- Richmond Centre and Lansdowne Centre are both on the public skytrain line just a few stops from River Rock. Both malls have a variety of trendy stores to meet all your needs.
- Steveston village is a fishing village just outside of Richmond, with a beach and park facing the Georgia Straight and Vancouver Island. Enjoy long walks, delicious fish and chips or seafood, and the quaint aura of a time gone by.
For more things to do click here: Visit Richmond BC
Dining in Richmond – Get off the beaten trail
In Richmond you’ll find some of the best Asian food outside of Asia, but you’ll often have to get off the beaten trail to find it. Ask your concierge for directions to some interesting places to dine in Richmond. Here are some of our favourites:
- Kirin Seafood
- Jade Seafood
- Sea Harbour Restaurant. Yes, this is a restaurant at River Rock, located next to The Hotel, but it’s truly an authentic Richmond dining experience with award-winning cuisine.
For more advice on culinary adventures in Richmond, see this feature article by The Huffington Post, Top things to eat in Richmond BC.