Things to do in and around the resort
River Rock is ideally situated in a gorgeous setting on the banks of the Fraser River. The resort facilities have been built to complement River Rock’s beautiful waterfront property and West Coast heritage. Explore the resort grounds and you’ll quickly fill your days and nights with an endless variety of activities. Below you’ll find a small sample of what’s happening at the River Rock Casino Resort, as well as things you can do outside of the resort. For more information, please ask your concierge.
Guests at River Rock can enjoy the following resort amenities and activities:
- Swimming pool with a large jacuzzi and 70ft waterslide *
- Fitness Centre and weight room *
- Absolute Spa with 6 private treatment rooms
- Intimate 1,000 seat Show Theatre, showcasing world-class entertainment in music, comedy, theatre and more
- 9 bars, restaurants, and lounges spread throughout our property
- A beautiful marina and boardwalk overlooking the Fraser River. Take a stroll along the pier and admire the sunset, or watch planes take off in the distance from the Vancouver International Airport.
River Rock Casino Resort is proud to be the largest baccarat house in North America. We have over 1,200 of the best and newest slots, the most exclusive VIP gaming program in Canada, and over 100 tables including poker, blackjack, roulette, and craps. River Rock deals out a winning combination of gaming entertainment options for every preference. Ask our Guest Services team about:
- Dedicated Poker Room
- Daily horse racing schedules at The Racebook
- Daily, weekly, and monthly casino promotions – browse our current promotions here.
DINING AT RIVER ROCK
Our nine dining establishments and their menus have been carefully crafted to add to your enjoyment.
Overlooking the Fraser River and serving fresh farm-to-table West Coast cuisine alongside our award-winning wine list, our 3rd Floor restaurant is the perfect place to share a special occasion.
Situated in the resort lobby, you’ll find handcrafted cocktails, live music, and a delectable menu at this sophisticated lounge.
- The Buffet
Come early to avoid the lines in this incredibly popular buffet! Featuring endless options of all your favourites; from pasta, prime rib, and whole roast carvings, to seafood, fresh sushi, and salads. Top it off with your choice of delicious desserts.
- Food Court
Take a break from the casino action in our food court, conveniently located on the gaming floor. Enjoy a variety of international items to relax and refuel with Rockhouse, Zio’s, Chopsticks, and Number 3 Restaurant.
Our Starbucks café serves a selection of wine, craft beer, and savoury food, alongside the signature beverages you know and love!
BEYOND THE RESORT
River Rock is centrally located between two major districts: Vancouver’s diverse international cuisines, boutiques, and niche neighbourhoods; and Richmond’s bustling and uniquely Asian-Canadian Richmond restaurants and shopping centres.
- Download our Concierge’s Seasonal Rockin’ Recommendations!
- The Richmond Night Market is less than a 5 minute walk away from the resort, where you can try all the latest Asian food fads and shop for all kinds of interesting trinkets, gadgets, and clothes in the open night air. You’ll find things you didn’t even know you needed! A unique experience not to be missed. Ask your concierge for walking directions to the Richmond Night Market, open May to October Fridays through Sundays and holiday Mondays.
- Richmond Centre, Lansdowne Centre, and Aberdeen Centre are all on the Canada Line system, just a few stops from River Rock. Explore all three for a variety of the latest in North American and Asian fashions and food options.
- Steveston Village is a quaint fishing village in South Richmond, with views of the Georgia Strait and Vancouver Island from Garry Point Park and its beaches. Those interested in Richmond’s colourful past and story will love the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site and the Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site. Enjoy long walks along the waters’ edge, browse the unique boutiques located within the village, and don’t leave without trying Pajo’s Fish & Chips and the handmade waffle cones from Timothy’s!
Dining in Richmond – Get off the beaten trail
With over 800 diverse restaurants in Richmond, you’re definitely not going to go hungry! Richmond also has some of the most amazing Asian food outside of Asia. Here are some of our favourites:
- Sea Harbour Restaurant, located across the street next to The Hotel. An authentic Richmond dining experience with award-winning cuisine.
- Jade Seafood and Asaka Ramen, both located within a 5 minute walk from the River Rock
- Sura Korean BBQ for authentic Korean eats, and Lido Restaurant for the best pineapple butter buns and Hong Kong style milk tea in the area. Both located near Aberdeen Station on Canada Line, one stop away from River Rock
- Kirin Seafood and Shanghai River, both located next to Richmond Centre, a few stops away from River Rock by Canada Line
- Challenge the Dumpling Trail and see how many restaurants you can eat at in a single day!
For more culinary adventures in Richmond, ask your concierge for directions to interesting places to dine in Richmond, or check out Huffington Post’s Top Things To Eat in Richmond. and Visit Richmond’s Dining Guide.
The River Rock Casino Resort is conveniently located on the Canada Line, literally steps away from Bridgeport Station. We are an 18 minute ride to downtown Vancouver, where many attractions such as the Vancouver Lookout, Vancouver Art Gallery, and the Vancouver Aquarium are located.
- Spend the day shopping with luxury designers in Oakridge Centre, trendy shops in Pacific Centre, or the high-street stores of Robson Street, all easily accessible by the Canada Line (Oakridge-41st Station or Vancouver City Centre Station). Those willing to travel a little further won’t be disappointed with Metrotown, the largest shopping centre in BC. With over 300 stores and a diverse range of specialty stores and the latest fashions, Metrotown is located on the public Skytrain with connecting trains to and from River Rock.
- Some of the best clubs, bars, and live entertainment venues are found along Granville Street in downtown Vancouver, steps away from the Canada Line (Vancouver City Centre Station)
- Explore the many neighbourhoods in Vancouver! Try these easily accessible areas: the historic cobblestoned area of Gastown, the trendy boutiques and bars of Yaletown, the eclectic and LGBTQ2+ friendly streets of Davie Village, or the vibrant streets of Chinatown, the largest heritage Chinese neighbourhood in Canada. Make it a day and ride the ferries in False Creek to Granville Island, where arts and cultures and eipcurean delights meet in an urban, waterfront location steeped in rich industrial and maritime history.
Connect with our Concierge team for more ideas, or check out this video on what to do when visiting Vancouver!
* amenity available for guests staying in the Resort only.