Things to do in and around the resort
River Rock is ideally situated in a gorgeous setting on the banks of the Fraser River. The resort facilities have been built to complement River Rock’s beautiful waterfront property and West Coast heritage. Explore the resort grounds and you’ll quickly fill your days and nights with an endless variety of activities. Below you’ll find a small sample of what’s happening at the River Rock Casino Resort, as well as things you can do outside of the resort. For more information, please ask your concierge.
Guests at River Rock can enjoy the following resort amenities and activities:
- Absolute Spa with 6 private treatment rooms
- A beautiful marina and boardwalk overlooking the Fraser River. Take a stroll along the pier and admire the sunset, or watch planes take off in the distance from the Vancouver International Airport.
- The fitness Centre will be open daily from 6:00AM to 10:00PM at reduced capacity for your safety with protocols in accordance with Public Health guidelines. At this time, the Pool will be closed
- Absolute spa will be open daily from Monday-Friday: 10:00AM to 6:00PM
and Saturday-Sunday: 9:00AM to 5:30PM. To book an appointment please call (604) 684 – 2772.
River Rock Casino Resort is proud to be the largest baccarat house in North America. We have over 1,200 of the best and newest slots, the most exclusive VIP gaming program in Canada, and over 100 tables including poker (currently closed), blackjack, roulette, and craps. River Rock deals out a winning combination of gaming entertainment options for every preference.
DINING AT RIVER ROCK
Our dining establishments and their menus have been carefully crafted to add to your enjoyment.
- Food Court
Take a break from the casino action in our food court, conveniently located on the gaming floor. Enjoy a variety of international items to relax and refuel with Rockhouse, Zio’s, Chopsticks, and Number 3 Restaurant. At this time, we will be offering limited dining options. Chopsticks Restaurant located in the casino will be open 24 hours.
BEYOND THE RESORT
River Rock is centrally located between two major districts: Vancouver’s diverse international cuisines, boutiques, and niche neighbourhoods; and Richmond’s bustling and uniquely Asian-Canadian Richmond restaurants and shopping centres.
- Richmond Centre, Lansdowne Centre, and Aberdeen Centre are all on the Canada Line system, just a few stops from River Rock. Explore all three for a variety of the latest in North American and Asian fashions and food options.
- Steveston Village is a quaint fishing village in South Richmond, with views of the Georgia Strait and Vancouver Island from Garry Point Park and its beaches. Those interested in Richmond’s colourful past and story will love the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site and the Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site. Enjoy long walks along the waters’ edge, browse the unique boutiques located within the village, and don’t leave without trying Pajo’s Fish & Chips and the handmade waffle cones from Timothy’s!
- Need more ideas? Visit Tourism Richmond for their destination guide that’s full of inspiration that you need to create your perfect trip in Richmond.
The River Rock Casino Resort is conveniently located on the Canada Line, literally steps away from Bridgeport Station. We are an 18 minute ride to downtown Vancouver, where many attractions such as the Vancouver Lookout and Vancouver Art Gallery are located.
- Spend the day shopping with luxury designers in Oakridge Centre, trendy shops in Pacific Centre, or the high-street stores of Robson Street, all easily accessible by the Canada Line (Oakridge-41st Station or Vancouver City Centre Station). Those willing to travel a little further won’t be disappointed with Metrotown, the largest shopping centre in BC. With over 300 stores and a diverse range of specialty stores and the latest fashions, Metrotown is located on the public Skytrain with connecting trains to and from River Rock.
- Some of the best clubs, bars, and live entertainment venues are found along Granville Street in downtown Vancouver, steps away from the Canada Line (Vancouver City Centre Station)
- Explore the many neighbourhoods in Vancouver! Try these easily accessible areas: the historic cobblestoned area of Gastown, the trendy boutiques and bars of Yaletown, the eclectic and LGBTQ2+ friendly streets of Davie Village, or the vibrant streets of Chinatown, the largest heritage Chinese neighbourhood in Canada. Make it a day and ride the ferries in False Creek to Granville Island, where arts and cultures and eipcurean delights meet in an urban, waterfront location steeped in rich industrial and maritime history.